British swimmers delivered a medal-strong haul of 22 including eight podium-topping golds at the season opener Euro Meet in Luxembourg.
Olympic Champion Adam Peaty claimed two titles as he finished on top in both the men’s 50m and 100m Breaststroke events.
Peaty was also awarded best male performance of the weekend after setting a new meet record of 58.94 in the 100m Breaststroke - a total of 948 FINA points.
Ben Proud and Duncan Scott also returned as double meet champions, Proud took top spot in both the 50m Freestyle and 50m Butterfly, and Scott touched first to win the 100m and 200m Freestyle events.
World Champion Molly Renshaw also left Luxembourg as a gold medallist with a win in the Women’s 200m Breaststroke.
Sheffield-based Max Litchfield topped the podium as he claimed gold in the Men’s 400m individual medley setting a new meet record of 4:16.64 in the process.
Other British medallists from across the weekend included:
- Stephen Milne – 200m Freestyle
- Nick Grainger – 400m Freestyle
- Chris Walker-Hebborn – 100m Backstroke
- Duncan Scott – 200m Butterfly
- Aimee Willmott – 400m Freestyle, 200m
Individual Medley & 400m Individual Medley
- Molly Renshaw – 100m Breaststroke
- Nick Grainger – 200m Freestyle
- Adam Barrett – 50m Butterfly & 100m
- Aimee Willmott – 800m Freestyle & 200m
- Hannah Miley – 200m Individual Medley