Following some hard and effective work by Chairman Maurice Watkins, British Swimming achieved a successful outcome from the recent LEN Congress and appointments made at the first LEN Bureau meeting have reaffirmed the nation’s strong influence on policy and strategy across aquatics in Europe.
- Chris Murray is appointed by the LEN Congress to
the LEN Disciplinary Panel
- David Sparkes is re-elected as the General
Secretary and LEN member of the FINA Bureau for 2017-2021
- Craig Hunter is appointed as Vice Chairman of the Swimming
- Alexei Evangulov is reappointed to the Diving
- Sam Greetham is reappointed as the Secretary of the
Open Water Committee
- Maria Ramos joins the Synchronised Swimming
- Simon Rothwell is reappointed as Chairman of the
- Maurice Watkins is appointed to the LEN Legal
- Jon Glenn is appointed to the LEN Learn to Swim Commission
It was agreed that LEN should begin to investigate introducing High Diving into LEN’s activities and Melanie Beck (GBR) has been invited to undertake some initial work to identify a group of people with the knowledge and understanding of this sport to establish a LEN Commission.
The Commission once appointed would then be tasked with developing a project plan to introduce High Diving into the LEN Programme with suitable rule changes leading to the eventual establishment of a LEN High Diving Technical Committee.