There are lots of low carb cauliflower crust pizza recipes out there but all lack the necessary protein you need but we’re serving up a tasty and nutritionally balanced base just for you!
The secret protein-boosting ingredient is pea protein powder, whilst it may not sound that awesome but trust us it tastes amazing – all the details to get cracking and whip up this tummy tantalising treat below…
What you need…
500 g cauliflower
30 g low fat cheddar
2 tbsp tomato puree
Handful of fresh chopped basil
50 g pea protein powder
2 tsp mixed Italian herbs
2 slices of good quality ham
50 g light mozzarella
- Blitz the cauliflower in food processor until it resembles couscous.
- Tip it into a large bowl, cover it and microwave for around 7 minutes
- Empty the cooked cauliflower onto a tea towel, let it cool for a few minutes then bundle it up in the tea towel and squeeze the water from it. Get some muscle in it as we want it as dry as possible!
- It’s time to get stuck in! In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, pea protein, eggs, herbs and cheddar. Mix everything with your hands so you have a ball of 'dough'.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray mound the cauliflower dough onto the tray then flatten it out to make a pizza base shape, try and make it as thin as you can.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius until the edges start to brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before adding the tomato puree, ham, mozzarella and basil. You can get really creative here and add some of your favourite toppings!
- Whack it back into the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and you cannot wait any longer!