With the temperature dropping outside we thought we’d serve up a warming Hearty Protein Chilli, the perfect recovery meal for sharing with friends post-training.
One serving of this tasty dish is packed full of protein, iron and vitamin B12, all needed to produce healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen around the body for recovery purposes.
First things first, check you’ve got all the ingredients to piece your dinner together:
- 75d diced braising beef
- 2 small cooking chorizo sausages
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ white onion
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 100ml beef stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 50g red kidney beans
- 10b butter beans
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 60g rice
- 1 generous handful baby spinach
Right time to get cracking…
- Grab a large pan and get it on a medium heat
- Whilst the pan is heating, finely chop the garlic and onion. Keep hold of the knife to give the chorizo a rough chop and then pop it all to one side for now.
- Head back to the pan, splash in the olive oil followed by the beef along with a tiny pinch of salt – cook until it takes on a nice brown colour.
- Next, you’ve got to throw in the garlic, onion and chorizo and let it cook for 5 more mins.
- Time to add in a whole load more ingredients: the cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, beef stock, kidney beans and butterbeans all need to go in the pan, then bring it to the boil.
- We’re almost there, add in the chopped tomatoes, lower the temp until you reach a simmer and leave it for 90 mins.
- Don’t forget to cook your rice before the 90 mins are up and then time to enjoy!