For the penultimate Fuel My Friday of 2018 we thought the recipe needed a bit of Christmas spice, so enjoy our super healthy festive granola bars.
It's so easy to make and tastes like Christmas in a bowl, so why not give it a go yourself this weekend?
- 250g jumbo oats
- 50g butter
- 25g honey
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 75g mixed nuts
- 50g mixed dried fruit - the more festive, the better!
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl, then add in all remaining ingredients, except for the nuts and fruit.
- Mix everything together in the bowl with a wooden spoon for a few minutes. Continue until the ingredients are well combined and begin to stick together.
- Time to get stuck in! Squash the mixture together in your hands to form clusters, then place on a lined baking tray. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up - it doesn't matter if you can't make clusters from all of it.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Leave to cool, then toss through the nuts and dried fruit.