She's competed on both World and Commonwealth stages but now Loughborough-based Jocelyn Ulyett has shared with us one of her favourite snack recipes.
Over to you Jocelyn...
This is one of my favourites. A healthy fuelling snack which is also a great fibre provider, a source of Vitamin E and has buckets of antioxidant benefits… not forgetting it’s delicious!
First things first, let’s check we have everything…
2 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. cocoa
165g desiccated coconut
- So, chuck all the dates into a bowl and cover with 240ml of boiling water, leave to soak for around 30 minutes. Which usually gives me time to pack my gym clothes!
- Time to get a little help from the food processor to turn these almonds smooth, usually takes around 7-8minutes.
- Remember our dates? Time for them to join the party! Add them into the food processor water and all. Switch it on and keep going until super smooth. Once you are happy it’s time to add everything else in and pulse until well combined.
- I think we have had enough with the food processor! Now whack it all back into a bowl and head to the fridge. Leave it in there for around 20minutes then comes the fun part!
- Time to get your hands stuck in and roll the delicious mixture into balls.
All done and ready to serve, remember to share!This recipe should make you roughly 12 tasty coconutty almond balls. Feel free to add your own extras and make sure to share pictures of your bars on social tagging me and British Swimming.