Quinoa is the perfect complete protein, great for both fuelling ahead of a weekend of racing or recovery after a busy day in the pool or gym.
European Para-Swimming champion breaststroker Scott Quin talked us through his tasty ‘Complete Quinoa Salad’.
Over to you Scott…
Ok guys this recipe is quick and simple to make, I prefer to prep up the day before I plan to enjoy this yummy dish.
First things first, check you’ve got all and enough of each of the following ingredients:
- 50g quinoa
- 4 chunky cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 25g roughly of sweet potato
- 1 tsp pistachio nuts
- 1 tsp sultanas
- 1tbsp of medium curry powder
These quantities will enable you to whip up a single portion but if you want more or possibly share then simply double up.
Right time to get going!
- Step one get the oven on and heating to 200C.
- Next grab the quinoa and head to the sink to give it a good wash. Then chuck your sparkly clean quinoa in a saucepan with roughly 100ml if water and bring it to the boil. Once it’s up to a good bubbling boil turn the heat down and set a timer for about 10/15 mins to let it simmer.
- Once that’s all cooked drain off all remaining water let it cool off.
- Chopping board and knife at the ready! Slice up the cauliflower and dice the sweet potato into smaller chunks, throw them on a baking tray and sprinkle over some curry powder, drizzle on that olive oil and bang it in the heated oven for about 10 mins.
- While the veg is in the oven roughly chop the pistachio nuts.
- Final step, into a big bowl goes the cooled quinoa, roasted veg, sultanas and pistachios, give it a good old mix and enjoy!