Struggling for lunch ideas before afternoon training sessions? Fleur Lewis has you covered with her ‘super fuelling’ lunchtime fajitas.
Having been included in the British Swimming squad for the LEN Open Water Cup in Barcelona, Fleur knows the importance of nutrition in fuelling her training and performance.
The Barnet Copthall athlete told us how she likes this meal as it provides the perfect balance of taste and simplicity. Not only that, but it fuels her up for the rest of the day so that she only needs a light snack before afternoon training.
Ingredients (serves one)
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ of a red pepper
- Fajita wraps
- Fajita seasoning
- Cheese (optional)
- Dice your chicken breast and begin to fry in a pan with a little bit of cooking oil.
- After a few minutes, add the pepper (chopped to your preference) along with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is almost cooked through, add the fajita seasoning and mix through.
- Once the chicken and pepper are cooked, remove and put aside. Place the fajita wrap into the same pan to heat through and soak up some of the cooking juices.
- Flip the wrap after roughly 30 seconds and grate cheese onto the wrap to melt (optional).
- Take out the wrap and fill with mayonnaise, your cooked chicken, pepper, and any other toppings you fancy!
- Enjoy and get ready for afternoon training!