Ahead of the FINA Swimming World Cup in Berlin this week, Breaststroke-specialist Archie Goodburn spoke to us about his Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie, powered by Spirulina.
Archie's 2022 season saw him make his Commonwealth Games debut for Team Scotland, reaching the Semi-Final of both the 50m and 100m Breaststroke, and taking 6th place in the Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay.
The 2019 world and European junior medallist understands how important it is to optimise recovery between his training and races, and one of his big go to snacks is a PB and bananna smoothie with a twist - added spirulina powder for a high protein plant-based kick!
Check out the recipe below and fuel your sessions...
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 125g Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 5g Spirulina Powder
- Ice Cubes (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender
- Blend on high until smooth
- Add more milk as needed to achieve desired consistency
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check out our athletes' diverse range of recipe options across on the Fuel My Friday page HERE