Ok, so we're not going to dress this up as the healthiest of #FuelMyFriday's... but when there's reason to celebrate, even top athletes allow themselves a treat and you can to!
Cassie Wild was recently announced as returning to the World Class Performance Programme for the 2020/21 season, and with the University of Stirling based athlete quite the prolific baker, we caught up with her for a recipe to a delicious celebratory treat.
Over to you Cassie...
I really enjoy experimenting with my baking and post several of my creations up to my @cassiesbakes_ Instagram channel. This Peanut Butter Cookie Bar recipe is one I've crafted myself, it's fun treat to make and great for sharing with friends!
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 45g Granulated Sugar
- 140g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100g Reece's Pieces
- 100g Reece's Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Start off by setting your oven to pre-heat to 180°C, and line a 9x9 inch square tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and corn flour in a bowl and set to the side.
- Gently melt the butter, and then in a larger bowl whisk together with the sugars for two minutes, before adding the egg and peanut butter and whisking well again.
- Next mix in well the dry ingredients earlier set aside, and then finally adding in all the chocolates to the mixture.
- Spoon out the cookie dough into your lined tin and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Once out the oven, allow to cool slightly before decorating with a drizzling of melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Slice into small squares and share as a treat with your friends and family!