With the British Para-Swimming International Meet on the horizon we caught up with European silver medallist Jordan Catchpole to find out what he likes to refuel with after an intense day of training.
Over to you Jordan…
Every swimmer loves food but I don’t like to spend ages prepping dinner after a big day in the pool and gym, so my Mediterranean Fish Parcels are perfect for filling up fast.
Not only does it fill you up, but it’s also packed with high-quality protein, plus you can mix up the ingredients to create different combinations, so you will never get bored of this yummy dish!
Let’s get set…
1 fillet of salmon (or any piece of good quality fish, the world is your ‘oyster’)
½ bulb fennel – finely sliced
1 sprig of rosemary
Zest and juice of ½ orange
Bunch of tender stem broccoli
- Get the oven on and heat to 200 degrees.
- Grab a tray and cover it with a large piece of tin foil. Pop the salmon fillet in the centre and season with sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- This next step is all about bringing the flavour of the Med - place the sprig of rosemary on top of the fish, scatter the fennel and squeeze over the orange.
- Grab the four corners of the foil and fold it together to form a parcel
- Stick it in the oven for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and throw in the tender steam broccoli, it will only need a couple of mins to soften up.
- Open up the parcel, but be careful as there might be some steam! Slide it onto a plate, lay your broccoli next to it and bosh, you’re done!
- If you’re in need of some carbs (I often am) serve your fish on a bed of couscous.
Catch Jordan in action at the British Para-Swimming International Meet 2019 / World Para Swimming World Series leg in Glasgow from 25-28 April – click here for more information and tickets.