Reece Dunn burst onto the international scene in September with three golds, a silver and three World Records at the London 2019 World Para Swimming Allianz Championships.
Away from the pool, Reece likes to relax in his down time by playing a bit of Xbox and PC games, but fully appreciates the importance of getting the correct sleep and fuelling correctly to maximise his training. This weeks pasta bake recipe is one the Plymouth Leander swimmer enjoys on a regular basis.
Over to you Reece...
It's no secret that pasta bakes are quick and easy to make, so you can get this on the table in under 30 minutes if you've got all the ingredients prepared.
- 500g dried rigatoni (or any other short pasta)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Dried mixed herbs
- 300ml double cream
- 280g jar sundried tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 3 x 120g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Get a large saucepan of salted water on to boil, tip in the pasta and cook for 1 min less than the pack suggests.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce alongside by simmering the tomatoes in a pan with a little seasoning and a shaking of mixed herbs for about 5 mins. Pour in the cream, stir and simmer for another 4-5 mins.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, and tip back into the saucepan. Pour over the creamy tomato sauce, the sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna. Layer into a baking dish (around 22 x 29cm), scattering over the grated cheddar between layers.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and put the baking dish under the grill for 5 mins until bubbling and golden. Serve up and enjoy!