With darker nights drawing in fast after the clocks change, Harriet Jones shares the blueprint to one of her favourite winter warming dishes.
It's been a flying year for the City of Cardiff Swimming Club athlete, as she became a double European Champion in helping the Women's and Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay teams to gold, whilst also heading on the plane to Tokyo for a debut Olympic Games.
This week for #FuelMyFriday she serves us up a noodle soup with a spicy kick. Over to you, Harriet...
This chilli chicken ramen recipe is one I enjoy simply because it's fun to make and tastes incredible - why not give it a try?
- 130g egg noodles
- 15g fresh root ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp siracha hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 10g coriander
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1/2 lime
- 1 red chilli
- First off, prepare the chicken marinade by peeling and grating the ginger and combining with the soy sauce in a bowl. Slice your chicken breast in half lengthways and add to the marinade, giving it a good mix.
- Line a tray with baking paper a cook in the oven at 200 degrees (fan) for 15 minutes (make sure it's cooked through inside!).
- Meanwhile continue prep by peeling and finely slice the red onion and the red chilli, trim and slice the spring onion and cut the lime into wedges.
- Mix the chicken stock and siracha hot chilli sauce in a pan and warm through over a low heat to create the spicy ramen base.
- Cook the egg noodles in a separate pan of boiling water to package instructions.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and slice it finely.
- Assemble the dish in deep bowls, sharing the drained noodles and pouring over the spicy ramen base. Top with the sliced chicken, red onion, spring onion, coriander leaves, a lime wedge and get ready to tuck in!
Check out our athletes' diverse range of recipe options across on the Fuel My Friday page HERE