It's World Egg Day... no we're not yolk-ing! And so this weeks #FuelMyFriday pays homage with a simple recipe from Ed Mildred.
One of the ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition packed with protein and a range of 18 vitamins and minerals. This week we've got a recipe whisked up by European Youth Olympic Champion Ed Mildred.
Over to you Ed...
When I'm in a hurry, scrambled eggs with toast can be a 10 minute meal as an healthy go to option, but there's a few extra ingredient I like to add to make it that bit extra special.
- Olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A good handful of spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 3 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Start by cracking your eggs into a bowl and whisking up with a little bit of salt and pepper to season.
- Next with a splash of oil in a pan over a medium heat, place your halved cherry tomatoes slice down, turning as they caramelise.
- Add the spinach and gently move about the pan for a minute as leaves wilt .
- Pour in your egg and continue to mix until scramble to your consistency of preference.
- Serve over some hot buttered toast and enjoy!