There's just 6 days to go until the start of the Citi Para Swimming World Series, and Para Swimmer Will Perry brings us his no fuss Shepherd's Pie as the excitement builds for next week...
Will's versatility in the pool has seen him gain experience across the World stage, most notably a call-up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo, where he competed in 4 events in the S6 category. That versatility certainly transfers to the kitchen as well, as Will's childhood recipe allows you to change or add any ingredients you'd like! Are you going to try it?
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1kg potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 500g lamb mince
- 500ml beef stock
- 90g butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 4. Add your onion and carrots to an oiled saucepan and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes until softened.
- Once softened, increase heat slightly and add lamb mince until browned.
- Add tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and combine.
- Pour over beef stock, reduce to a simmer, cover for 40 minutes, uncovering midway through.
- Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes, before mashing with 3 tbsp milk.
- Pour the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish, and top with the mash.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the mash has began to colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out our athletes' diverse range of recipe options across on the Fuel My Friday page HERE, and the top recipes from last year HERE