A truly warming, wintery dish to aid recover and fuel your sessions through tough Winter training blocks! Scott Gibson's Chicken, Chickpea and Apricot Tagine is sure to give you the perfect blend of sweetness, spice and warmth, as well as providing a high amount of protein for Fuel My Friday.
Fresh from competing in the Berlin leg of the FINA Swimming World Cup, Backstroke-specialist Scott Gibson showed us his recipe that has become a tasty staple of his diet, especially during the cold winter months. Arguably offering the perfect blend between taste and nutrition, this is sure to be one to add in to your Winter diet...
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 peppers
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 tin tomato soup
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 100g sultanas
- 100g chopped apricots
- 8-10 medjool dates
- chipotle suace
- Dice an onion and add to an oiled pan with garlic, a dash of paprika and cumin
- Add your diced chicken breast once the onion begins to brown
- Add peppers, sultanas, dates, and apricots (all chopped), along with a drizzle of chipotle sauce once your chicken is almost cooked through
- Add a tin of tomato soup and heat through
- Rinse chickpeas and add to pan
- Reduce heat to low and cover for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add coriander and flaked almonds
- Serve with rice, couscous or on its own, and enjoy!!
Check out our athletes' diverse range of recipe options across on the Fuel My Friday page HERE
[Header image credit: Chicken and Winter Squash Tagine by Everyday Dorie; Body image credit: Ian MacNicol and Scottish Swimming]