The weekend is nearly here, so it's time for another Fuel My Friday entry from the recipe book of a British Swimming athlete.
Artistic swimmer Kate Shortman enjoyed a memorable 2019 by claiming a trio of FINA Artistic Swimming World Series medals - and the 2020 focus now turns to qualifying for the Tokyo Olympic Games.
So what will be on the menu for the City of Bristol Synchronised Swimming Club competitor as she looks to secure a place at her maiden Games in July?
It's over to Kate to give us an insight...
I love spicy salmon with avocado. It's a quick one to make, doesn't take much preparation and is full of flavour - and I tend to serve it with either rice or noodles.
This recipe provides a few servings too!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder/small handful of chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Rice/Noodles to serve
- Create the seasoning for the salmon by mixing the salt, cumin, paprika, chilli powder and a sprinkling of black pepper. Rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and then cover in the seasoning.
- Put the seasoned salmon fillets into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While the salmon fillets are being refrigerated, pre-heat the grill. If you are serving the salmon with rice or noodles, put the rice/noodles into a pan of boiling water to cook.
- Scoop the avocado out into a bowl, add the diced onion, lime juice and some salt and mix to make the avocado mixture
- Grill the salmon until cooked, then serve with the avocado mixture and rice/noodles