November is World Vegan Month - so why not try your hand at making a delicious Tofu Pad Thai for this week's #FuelMyFriday?
British Para-Swimming Performance Nutritionist Stef Shreeve has been helping our athletes cook up some eye-catching meals throughout 2020, including taking part in the recent virtual Japanese cookalong.
This time, Stef has provided a nutritious and entirely vegan recipe that can help you serve up a perfect post-training meal.
- 200g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g block of firm tofu, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, spiralized or cut into thin stripes (use peeler for thin pieces and then cut into matchstick width)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (or 1 tsp of 'lazy garlic')
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 50g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Chop and prepare all ingredients before you start cooking. I like to separate mine into individual bowls for easy cooking later on.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and leave to one side.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and fry off the tofu, turning gently, until it is golden all over. Set the tofu aside in a bowl once golden.
- Heat the remaining oil. Fry off the peppers and carrots for a minute, then add the garlic, cooked noodles, soy and sweet chilli sauce, and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the tofu back in, as well as the sliced spring onions and lime juice. Heat it all through.
- Divide between your bowls and scatter over the peanuts and coriander. Enjoy!