As we keep our fingers crossed for the best of the British Summers weather to return, this week’s Fuel My Friday serves up a super healthy sarnie to boost your lunchtime menu.
Whether you’re looking for a sandwich to champion any picnic or just a tasty filling for the everyday lunchbox bread roll, European champion Maisie Summers-Newton has shared with us the secret on how to whip together her favourite Red Onion and Kalamata Olive Tuna Sandwich.
Over to you Maisie…
- 2 small cans of tuna in water
- 1 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- Firstly some quick prep; thinly slice up the red onion, roughly chop the olives and drain the tuna – as easy as that!
- Then in a medium bowl, combine the tuna, pepper, olive oil, onion, and olives. Give it a stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed
- Finally simply spread the mixture on your favourite bread or roll and you’re good to go.
My top tip:If you want to add a bit of extra zing, then try squeezing a bit of lemon juice into mix!