In recognition of Shrove Tuesday earlier this week we thought we’d select our favourite pancake recipe as this week’s Fuel My Friday.
Tiff Afflick from our swimming nutrition team pulled this one together and it’s a tasty one – over to you Tiff…
Who doesn’t love Pancake Day? My sweet potato pancakes are the perfect sweet treat for the weekend and won’t spoil all that hard work you’ve done through week.
First things first, make sure you’ve got everything on my ingredients list…
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
I like to keep my recipes as simple possible and these pancakes only have five steps until you’ll be tucking into your very own plate of scrumptiousness.
- Microwave the sweet potato for 3 mins on full heat.
- Mash the sweet potato, and then whisk thoroughly with 2 eggs to start. If your mixture is too thick to pour into a pan, add the third egg.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (except for the coconut oil and cinnamon sprinkles) and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil, and spoon roughly 1/4 of the batter into the pan. Let it cook until you see bubbles forming and the pancake is firm enough to flip. Cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a splash of maple syrup for a real treat.