After a week in Montreal at the FINA World Junior Diving Championships, Springboard-specialist Euan McCabe showed us his go-to recipe that fuels his success. Whether you want to hit a daily protein target, or impress some guests, this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta will certainly deliver...
The Plymouth Diver was sure to impress last week in Montreal, securing a strong Silver medal alongside partner Robbie Lee in the Men's 10m Synchro Final.
Whilst the competition provided some valuable experience amidst tough Winter training for British Diving's young athletes, back home, Euan loves to make this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta dish to support such gruelling training sessions. Will you be giving this recipe a go?
Serves 4 (perfect for a diving team event!)
- 500g Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- 250ml Double Cream
- 125ml Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 40g Grated Parmesan
- 2-3 Handfuls Baby Spinach
- 250g Pasta
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Season diced chicken breast with 1 tbsp each of paprika and cayenne pepper, and add to an oiled pan on a medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken through and set aside.
- Dice your red onion and garlic, slice the red pepper, add all to the same pan and cook until softened.
- Reduce heat and add both double cream and chicken stock, heat through and add sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan and the rest of the herbs and spices, before simmering for 2-3 mins.
- Add 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until the spinach softens.
- Re-add cooked chicken and stir through.
- Serve immediately and add any further parmesan or seasoning to garnish.
- Impress and enjoy!!
Check out our athletes' diverse range of recipe options across on the Fuel My Friday page HERE