Looking for a new way to get your protein at breakfast? Check out Sarah Vasey’s avocado, red pepper and poached egg open toasties.
Take it away Sarah...
After a big Saturday morning swim and gym session, I like to kick my weekend off in style with a yummy open brunch toastie
- 1 slice of dark rye bread or sourdough
- ½ avocado
- ¼ red chilli
- 1 small handful coriander
- ½ lime
- ½ red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 ripe tomatoes
Three simple steps to a perfect brunch, well four if you count devouring!
- Preheat the grill. Quarter the tomatoes and place onto a tray, season with salt and pepper and a tbsp of olive oil. Slice the red pepper and place onto the tray along with the tomatoes. Pop under the grill until browned and softened.
- Into a large bowl scoop out the flesh of the avocado, grate the zest of the lime and juice it into the avocado. Finely chop the chilli and coriander and add to the avocado. Gently smash the mix with a fork and add a pinch of salt.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the vinegar. Bring the water to a simmer and poach the egg. Toast the bread under the grill and place onto serving plates. Spread the avocado over the toast, top with the tomatoes and the eggs and serve.
- Dig in and enjoy!