World Junior champion Yasmin Harper enjoys showing her skills in the kitchen as well as off the diving board - and this week's #FuelMyFriday is a perfect chance for her to give us an insight into that culinary passion.
Harper - who claimed Mixed Team event gold at the 2018 World Junior Championship gold in Kiev, alongside Anthony Harding, Lucas Thomson and Ben Cutmore - kicked off this year with her maiden senior national title at the British Diving Championships, winning the Women's 1m Springboard contest.
So what does the City of Sheffield athlete have ready to cook up? Over to you, Yasmin...
I love cooking - I do all the cooking in my household! This Swedish meatball recipe is delicious, you can have it with plenty of greens and you get the satisfaction of making the meatballs yourself from scratch.
- 500g mince of choice (or a mix)
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 75g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 20ml milk
- 40g butter
- 40g flour
- 300ml stock (beef or other)
- 2 tbsp gravy granules
- 150ml milk
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- Break the mince up until smooth and finely chop up the onion and garlic clove.
- Mix the onion and garlic into the mince, along with the breacrumbs, egg and milk, then season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mince mixture into small balls. Store in fridge until ready to cook.
- There are two ways to cook the meatballs. Either cook them in a pan with some oil in or under the grill. In both cases, turn them over until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan and whisk in the flour. Add the milk and whisk until thickened.
- Mix in soy sauce, mustard and gravy granules.
- Add stock to the sauce mixture until it is at desired consistency, then add some black pepper.
- Serve with greens and mashed potato.