Preseason training is well underway, with those early morning starts and big training days - so here's a homemade feelgood snack idea to help keep your energy levels boosted!
Butterfly specialist Laura Stephens made her first World Championships final in 2019, after securing selection with a personal best and silver medal in the 200m Butterfly at the British Swimming Championships. This week recipe is a feel good fruity flapjack from the Plymouth Leander swimmer.
Over to you Laura…
I'll quite often make these blueberry flapjacks at the weekend and then I've got a batch ready for throughout the week as a snack before training.
- 150g butter
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 275g porridge oats
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- ½ lemon zest grated
- 125g fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan). Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and Golden Syrup into a medium pan, add the lemon zest then heat gently until melted.
- Stir in the oats, and when coated gently fold in the blueberries. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares whilst still warm. Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.