Are you as big a risotto fan as double World Championship medallist Matty Lee? Get ready for this week's Fuel My Friday entry...
Matty had a 2019 to remember as he won his first FINA Diving World Series gold in the Men's 10m Synchro in London, alongside Tom Daley, before the pair took World Championship bronze in the same event in Gwangju.
He was a part of the British team that competed in the opening leg of this year's Diving World Series in Montreal before the coronavirus pandemic forced the cancellation or postponement of many events over recent months.
The Dive London Aquatics athlete is on hand with today's #FuelMyFriday recipe - a personal favourite of his that is worth the short preparation time. Over to you, Matty...
I love risotto. This is my favourite to make and eat, and it's a super easy recipe too. Enjoy!
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g mushrooms
- 6 rashers bacon
- 400ml chicken stock
- 200g risotto/arborio rice
- Chopped parsley (handful)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Chop the onion and garlic, quarter the mushrooms and slice the rashers of bacon into small chunks.
- Cook the onion and bacon until the bacon is nicely browned, before adding the mushrooms and the garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add the rice before pouring in the stock. Stir and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof pan or dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Remove the risotto from the oven, season with salt and pepper if necessary, top with chopped parsley and some grated cheese if required.
Rob Hobson, Head of Nutrition at Healthspan says:
"This dish is great for gut heath as it contains onions and garlic which acts as prebiotics in the gut, helping good bacteria to flourish. The rice in this dish also has a role to play in gut health as it starts to develop resistant starches when it cools, which also act as prebiotics in that part of the body."
To check out more of our athletes' and staff members' Fuel My Friday recipes, click HERE.