Looking for a refreshing meal over this warm summer weekend? Lucas Thomson is on hand to sort out your #FuelMyFriday craving with one of his favourite recipes.
Edinburgh Diving Club athlete Thomson enjoyed a memorable start to 2020, winning the national Men's 10m Synchro title in Plymouth, alongside Ben Cutmore, before partnering Gemma McArthur to gold in the Mixed 10m Synchro at the FINA Grand Prix event in Rostock the following month.
It was during a training stint in Mexico last year that Lucas discovered his love for shrimp ceviche - so it's over to him to talk us through this week's Fuel My Friday entry...
In the lunch breaks between training sessions, we used to go to a cheap little lunch place down the road from the pool, which rotates its menu every day. Whenever ceviche was on offer, I would always get it because, man, it is so tasty! Ceviche with tostadas and avocado is a match made in heaven - and it's super healthy too.
- 500g cooked shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 oranges
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the pre-cooked shrimp into small pieces, then set aside.
- Extract the juice from the lemons, limes and oranges, then whisk in a small bowl. Pour half of the citrus juice mix over the shrimp and toss to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, red onion and coriander to the shrimp. Toss them to combine flavours and then leave for 10-15 minutes to marinade.
- Stir in the avocado and remaining juices.
- Season with salt and peper to taste. Serve - with tortilla chips, if you prefer.