It's Friday again! Why not kick off your weekend with a nutritious and tasty meal that can be on the table in under 30 minutes?
Artistic swimmer Isabelle Thorpe provides a super quick stir-fry recipe for #FuelMyFriday, with flavours full of flair to entice your taste buds.
Over to you Izzy...
I love chicken stir fry and find this recipe is so quick and easy to make after training or for lunch in between pool sessions. It's not too filling but restores energy levels for training.
- 2 blocks egg noodles
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 3 carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Boil the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain and toss with 1 tsp oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok and add the shredded chicken and finely carrots. Stir-fry for a few mins. Add the honey, soy and lime juice, bubble for 30 secs, then add the noodles and sesame seeds.
- Mix well, heat through and sprinkle with a handful of coriander to serve.