It is Shrove Tuesday next week (February 25th), meaning plenty of people will be breaking out their favourite pancake recipes - and we are no different at British Swimming this Fuel My Friday.
In recognition of the day, and the attempts of people up and down the country to make and flip their own pancakes, we're reliving one of our favourite previous Fuel My Fridays.
British Swimming nutritionist Tiff Afflick is on hand with her sweet potato pancakes - a quick and easy recipe with just a few ingredients but delicious results. Take it away, Tiff...
Who doesn't love Pancake Day? My sweet potato pancakes are the perfect sweet treat for the weekend and won't spoil all that hard work you've put in through the week.
First things first, make sure you've got everything on my ingredient list...
- 1/2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Cinnamon and/or maple syrup to top it off
1. Microwave the sweet potato on full heat for three minutes
2. Mash the softened sweet potato, and then whisk thoroughly with two eggs to start. If your mixture is too thick to pour into a pan, add the third egg
3. Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda and one teaspoon of cinnamon and mix well
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and spoon roughly a quarter of the batter mixture into the pan. Let it cook until you see bubbles forming and the pancake is firm enough to flip. Flip and cook on the other side for one to two minutes.
5. Repeat step four to make the other pancakes
6. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a splash of maple syrup or any other sweet treat to top it off