The British Swimming Championships are now only a month away, and as Butterfly specialist Alys Thomas continues her preparations, she has found time to bring us this week's Fuel My Friday recipe.
Thomas is set to be in action at this weekend's Edinburgh International Swim Meet, as she and her fellow competitors begin to close in on April's Olympic trials, when all the athletes' hard work, in and out of the pool, will come into play.
Good nutrition is a part of such preparation, and this recipe for oaty pancakes is a favourite with the European and Commonwealth medallist. Over to you, Alys...
This is a meal I've picked up from our Sport Wales nutritionist. They're great for breakfast or as a snack option at any time around training or competition meets - and so simple too. Enjoy!
- 75g oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp skimmed milk powder
- Rapeseed oil (or other oil if preferred)
- Toppings - banana, raspberries, Greek yoghurt, honey
- Blend the oats, eggs, chopped banana, milk, vanilla extract and milk powder until forming a smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan with a small amount of rapeseed oil and then scoop small amounts of the batter into the pan in separate spots.
- Once beginning to bubble, flip the pancakes over and cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
- Stack into a pile and top with your favourites, like banana, raspberries, 0% fat Greek yoghurt and honey.